The Green Key is the international quality mark for companies in the tourism and leisure industry, and in the market for meeting and conference locations that are seriously and controllably involved with sustainability, Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), with care for the environment at the company and nature in their environment. The Green Key guarantees the voluntary commitment of the entrepreneur to do more about the environment than the laws and regulations require of him.
The Green Key is a means to communicate the sustainable image of the company to guests, governments and business relations. We feel responsible for the environment and the guests inside and outside our company and we involve people in the development of the economy in the Krimpenerwaard.
Hotel & Restaurant de Arendshoeve meets or wants to meet the following agreements:
- We make an active contribution to the development of our field and the transfer of our knowledge to others who want to learn the profession.
- We inform our working relationships (customers/client, profession enjoyed and suppliers) that we do business in a socially responsible manner.
- We make transparent agreements with the customer/client and/or suppliers about the quality of our services and monitor the quality that we deliver.
- We determine the social impact of our services and limit them as much as possible to the extent that it has a negative impact, such as fraudulent acts, harassment exploitation and child labor.
- We monitor both the continuity of our company and that of the employee and we take care of provisions should we be faced with a loss of income.
- We contribute voluntarily to social goals through donations and sponsoring and/or through voluntary work.
- We are constantly working on reducing the environmental impact of our company.
- We are constantly working on improving our own procurement process when it comes to purchasing (office) materials and services with an environmental and/or social quality mark.